Date of Post: 2/3/21
Introducing our first-ever HUGE Mardi Gras Celebration!
Mardi Gras dishes, drinks, decorations, children’s parade, and an escape room.
Fun Spot America Theme Parks is jazzed up for their new HUGE Mardi Gras Celebration happening at the Orlando and Kissimmee, Florida parks. Beginning Friday, February 5th through April 11th guests can enjoy the flavors of New Orleans such as Jambalaya, Po’ Boys, Fried Gator Bites, and everyone’s favorite, hot fresh Beignets. There are festive decorations and music throughout the parks, and Orlando’s newest attraction, the escape room, received a Mardi Gras refresh, as The Backwater Bayou.
A Mardi Gras celebration isn’t complete without the world-renowned Nawlins food and drinks. Whether you’re craving something with a little spice, a sweet treat, or a drink to sit back and relax with, the Bayou Bites are homemade and WHO-DAT delicious!
Bayou Bites Menu
Get your festive fix from these dishes found throughout the parks.
• Jambalaya: Spicy sausage, shrimp, chicken, peppers, onions, tomato, garlic & Creole seasoning served over rice with a corn muffin.
• Voodoo Chicken: Boneless fried chicken wings tossed in a sweet & spicy Thai chili sauce served with fresh-cut fries tossed in Cajun seasoning.
• Gator Bites (Orlando Only): Tender alligator meat nuggets lightly dusted & fried. Served with a special Nawlins Sauce & Cajun Fries.
• Andouille Sausage Po’ Boy: Spicy sausage served on an artisan roll with shredded lettuce, tomatoes & pickles topped with our special Nawlins Sauce.
• Cajun Fries: Fresh-cut french fries tossed in Cajun seasoning served with our special Nawlins Sauce for an extra treat.
• Beignets: Fried pastry dough finished with powdered sugar. Served with a side of chocolate sauce.
• Fat Tuesday Funnel Cake: Traditional funnel cake topped with cinnamon sugar, whipped cream, and Mardi Gras sprinkles.
• King Cake Sundae: Vanilla soft-serve ice cream with cake crumbles, cinnamon sugar & caramel topped with Mardi Gras sprinkles.
• Mardi Gras Festival Apples: Caramel apples decorated Mardi Gras style.
• MG Mocha Shake: Coffee & chocolate flavored milkshake topped with Mardi Gras sprinkles.
• Mardi Gras Cotton Candy: Purple, green, and yellow flavored cotton candy.
• Popcorn Parade: Purple, green, and yellow-colored popcorn.
Nawlins Spirits Menu
You don’t have to be in New Orleans to feel the Nawlins love.
• HUGE Hurricane: Rum, Passionfruit Juice, Orange Juice, Grenadine
• Blue Bayou: Vodka, Blue Curacao, Pineapple Juice, Sour Mix, lemon
• Voodoo Juice: Coconut Rum, Banana Liquor, Pineapple Juice, Orange Juice
Children’s Mardi Gras Parade
In addition to delicious festive dishes and drinks, every Saturday in both parks, children 12 and under are welcome to line the park for our Children’s Mardi Gras Parade. The Fun Spot Trains will be decorated in Mardi Gras colors and Fun Spot Revelers will toss beads to children as it makes its way through the parks. Children celebrating their Birthday Party at each park that day will become the honorary Kings and Queens of the parade and are invited to follow the trains on their route. Please visit our website and social media pages for weekly parade times.
In Orlando only, guests can enjoy the new Backwater Bayou Escape Room. The parks previous escape rooms, The Real Escape Room, and Christmas Escape Room were huge hits with guests, and the park is excited to offer a Mardi Gras themed Escape Room. As you walk through an alley off of Bourbon Street, before too long you’ll find yourself in the backwater swamp. But be careful, you’re not to disturb the swamp queen if you plan to escape on time. Are you and your friends up for the newest lightning round of escape rooms? Up to 6 people can play at one time and tickets and reservations must be made in the park at Admissions.