Date of Post: 3/12/20
Fun Spot America Theme Parks would like to take this time to address our concerns and preventative measures associated with the novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID 2019). Foremost, our thoughts and prayers are with those around the world who have been affected by this virus. May all the scientists working to find a cure do so quickly.
As part of the entertainment industry it is our mission to provide a safe, clean and fun environment while practicing the #GoldenRule for our guests as well as our team members. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Florida Department of health are sending daily updates as well as guidelines to help prevent the spread of this virus. Following these guidelines, along with communicating with other industry leaders, we are able to do everything possible to provide a safe and clean environment for everyone to enjoy.
As part of our daily cleaning routines we have taken the following precautionary measures to exceed the recommended guidelines.
- Conducting higher frequency cleaning and disinfection, especially for surfaces frequently touched by guests and employees. Disinfecting surfaces like doorknobs, tables, games, rides and handrails.
- Providing 70% alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations near high-touch points park wide. (Food stands, tracks and rides, ticketing areas, arcade and seating areas)
- Quick response to any and all “out of the ordinary” cleanliness and sanitary concerns.
- Daily team member training of guidelines and updates to better serve our guests & community.
- Closely monitoring employee health and safety practices.
As recommended by the (CDC) we encourage all guests and team members to follow these simple guidelines:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds at a time
- If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. (Fun Spot uses 70% alcohol-based sanitizer)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact and distance yourself with those who are sick. Avoid handshaking – use other noncontact methods of greeting
Fun Spot America is committed to providing our guests and community with a safe, clean and fun environment to enjoy with their family and friends. We are actively monitoring local and federal government agencies’ safety guidelines to ensure we provide safe, clean parks. We will continue implementing any safety guidelines recommended to ensure the safety of our guests, team members and community.
We value each guest who visits our parks and hope these measures give you confidence that we are taking the necessary precautions in this evolving situation. We remain committed to providing you and your family with a safe-clean-fun environment. We look forward to helping you, your family and friends celebrate each other while creating memories for a life time.
At this time, Fun Spot America is fully operational. If you’re interested in purchasing a Single Day Fun Pass, Single Day Mega Fun Pass or 2020 3-Park Season Pass, you can save now by purchasing tickets online.
John Arie, Jr.
Chief Executive Officer
Fun Spot America Theme Parks